Using the fingerprint scanner to unlock the phone can completely eliminate the need to type a password. Similar to the iPhone 5S, the Galaxy S5 includes a fingerprint scanner which is located in it’s home button. It can be used to unlock your device, verify identity when purchasing content from Samsung, acces private content on the phone, and even to authorize transactions with PayPal. This tutorial will guide you through the steps to turn on the scanner and to set it as the default method to unlock the phone.
1. Enter the phone’s settings and choose the Finger Scanner option under the Personalization section.
2. If you didn’t set up the finger scanner feature before, a popup will appear asking to register your fingerprint. If it doesn’t appear, tap the Fingerprint manager option, and add a new fingerprint.
3. You will be asked to swipe your finger from the screen down over the home button eight times. Just place your finger on the dots and swipe down.
4. Then you must create a password to use in case the scanner fails to register your fingerprint. It should contain letters, numbers and special characters.
5. Finally, when the password is created, you will be redirected to the Screen unlock settings screen. Choose Fingerprint as the method for unlocking your phone. And that’s all.