In this tutorial you will learn how to root your HTC One M9 All Variants, all information was found on xda-developers community and was tested. Pay attention to the steps and link downloads, as in case if something is wrong you can brick your phone.
Step by step, during this guide you will learn how you can easy root any variants of HTC One M9. Good Luck!
1. Download SuperSU
Before we will start you have to make sure that you have SuperSU zip file on your device, better on you SD card.
2. Download TWRP
Now you will have to download latest version of TWRP.img on your phone, or SD card. Click the link bellow to and choose the latest version.
3. Unlock the Bootloader if Locked
Usually HTC devices come with unlocked bootloaders, but if you are on Verizon for example, your device bootloader can be locked, to unlock it, go to the following link, select your device from dropdown list and follow the steps.
– Login into HTCdev website.
– Select Unlock Bootloader
– Click Get Started
– On “Select Your Device” Select “All Other Supported Models”
– Begin Unlock Bootloader
– Accept Legal Terms and Proceed to Unlock Instructions
– Turn off your phone, then press Volume Down + press Power to boot in “HTC download mode”.
– Connect Phone via USB
– Open CMD from start and type: fastboot oem get_identifier_token
– Copy and paste the token you got on the htcdev website. Textfield “My Device Identifier Token:”.
– You will receive an Email with “Unlock_code.bin
– With CMD use CD command to navigate to folder where Unlock_code.bin is saved. For example: cd c:\download
Then use command: fastboot flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin
– Press Volume Button to select Yes for Unlock bootloader.
4. Enable USB Debugging
Go to Settings > About > Software information > Build number
Click several time on Build number until it says that “You are now a developer”
Then go to Settings > Developer options and enable USB Debugging
5. Download and install ADB/Fastboot
Go to this link: 15 seconds ADB Installer v1.4.2 and follow the steps.
Open again CMD from start menu.
Use the code: adb devices
Check your phone, you have to check “Allow USB debugging”, check Always allow from this computer and tap ok.
7. Go to Download Mode and Flash TWRP
In CMD use code: adb reboot bootoloader
From the phone select Bootloader with Volume buttons to navigate, and Power button to select.
In CMD with CD navigate to folder were your TWRP.img file is located.
In CMD use code: fastboot flash recovery TWRP.img
8. Flash SuperSU
After it finished press Power button, and select “reboot to bootloader” and press the power button. Then select “reboot to recovery mode” and press Power button.
From TWRP tap Install and from the phone choose SuperSU to flash.
After it finished, reboot your phone.
9. Test Phone Root
To confirm if you successfully rooted your HTC One M9, go to Google Play store and install the app “Root Checker”.
Run the “Root Checker” app and tap to Verify Root, you will have to grand access to it with “SuperSU” app. A message will appear in the middle of the screen, just tap Grant, and you should receive a message: Congratulations! Root access is properly installed on this device!
Hope it worked well for you, please follow us and be free to share with your friends!