In this tutorial I will show you how you can get more free space on Drive C:\ on Windows Server 2008. Here I will show what you can clean on drive C so it won’t affect the server and you can get much more free space.
Following steps will help to free more disk space:
1. Delete everything from: C:\windows\temp and C:\Users\%UserName%\AppData\Local\Temp as Windows keeps old used files that you don’t need.
2. Delete all EventViewer logs, if you don’t need old event logs you can delete them, they usually use a lot of space, if you need event logs you can make a copy on a flash drive.
Remove everything from C:\inetpub\logs
Remove everythings from C:\Windows\System32\LogFiles
3. Uninstall unused programs like browsers, mallware cleaners, etc.
4. Remove Downloaded files from C:\Users\%UserName%\Downloads
5. Remove unused files from your Desktop, check each user Desktop C:\Users\%UserName%\Desktop
6. Remove files you don’t need from: C:\Users\%UserName%\My Documents
7. As you noticed, Disk Cleanup is not available, to run it you’ll have to open “Server Manager” > Add “Features” > and turn on “Desktop Experience”
After going through these steps you should get much more free disk space. Hope it will save you!