More and more people continue to embrace mobile banking, so are the banks that are innovating new ways of doing business with their clients using mobile phones. One main reason why banks are embracing these innovative ideas with mobile banking is because of the large market. Mobile phones are flexible and a large number of the population can use them as opposed to internet banking.
Depositing checks to a bank account using a mobile phone has been made easier, thanks to mobile apps that are being developed to help customers deposit their checks into their bank accounts without any hitches. So, instead of using the ATM system or banking your check using a bank teller, you can easily deposit your check to your bank account by using your mobile phone.
There’s always a rider when depositing checks into your bank account using a mobile phone. You have to factor these issues before you make that decision of whether to deposit checks into your bank account or not.
If you want to deposit checks, here are some factors that you should consider:
- Find out if your bank has an official app that’s used for depositing checks into your bank account. Don’t use a WiFi network when using this app.
- Verify the types of checks that are permitted with that official app.
- Know the maximum amount of money that is allowed to be deposited from your bank.
How to Use an Official App to Deposit Checks into a Bank Account
Here’s is how you can deposit your check into your bank account:
- Download and install the official app on your smart phone. You can download such an app from Google Play Store in case you are using an Android device or from Apple App Store in case you are using an iOS device.
- Prepare the check you’d like to deposit by endorsing important information such as the account name you’d like to deposit the check. Please confirm with your bank.
- Open your official banking app and find the “Deposit” link. Click on this link and enter the amount of money you want to deposit.
- Capture the front-side and bank-side of your check using the app.
- Send this information to your bank. Make sure you get confirmation that the money has been deposited.
- Once the transaction is complete, doodle the word “VOID” across the face of your check and shred it.
There you have it. Always check with your bank about the technical aspects of using the official app to deposit checks into a bank account. They are in a better position to explain some of the issues that you need to know before banking your check into a bank account.
Related: Top 5 Mobile Apps in India